Kinetics docetaxel is dose-dependent and corresponds to the three-phase model with the pharmacokinetic half-life of 4 min., 36 min. and 11.4 hr., respectively. Docetaxel is more than 95% bound to plasma proteins.
Within 7 days docetaxel excreted in urine and feces after oxidation tert-butyl ester group with cytochrome; excretion in the urine and feces is respectively 6% and 75% of the dose. Approximately 80% of the drug output with the feces is detected within 48 hours of the primary inactive metabolite and three less significant active metabolites, and at very low levels, in an unmodified form. The pharmacokinetics of docetaxel does not depend on the age and sex of the patient. With mild hepatic dysfunction (levels of alanine aminotransferase parabolan steroid and aspartate transaminase standards, combined with an increase in the activity of alkaline phosphatase> 2.5 standards) total clearance is reduced by 27% compared to the average. Clearance of docetaxel does not change with mild to moderate fluid retention; information on the clearance of the drug with severe fluid retention there.
– Adjuvant therapy for operable breast cancer with a lesion of regional lymph nodes in combination with doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide;
– Locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer (in combination with doxorubicin as a primary chemotherapeutic treatment (1st line), or as a therapy second line: monotherapy after failure of prior treatments include anthracyclines or alkylating agents, and in combination with capecitabine, if previous treatment included anthracyclines);
– Metastatic breast cancer tumor with expression in combination with trastuzumab, if no prior chemotherapy;
– Unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (in combination with cisplatin or carboplatin) therapy as first line monotherapy or as therapy 2nd line chemotherapy after failure based on platinum preparations;
– Metastatic ovarian cancer after failure of prior therapy first line (treatment 2nd line);
– Unresectable, locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (in combination with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil) as a therapy for first line;
– Metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck after failure of prior treatment (therapy 2nd line)
– Metastatic, hormone-refractory prostate cancer (in combination with prednisone or prednisolone).
– Metastatic cancer of the stomach, including the cardia, (in combination with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil) as the first treatment line.
– Expressed hypersensitivity reactions to docetaxel or other components of the drug in history;
– Initial neutrophil count parabolan steroid;
– The expressed disturbances of liver function;
– Pregnancy and lactation.
Dosing and Administration
To prevent hypersensitivity reactions, as well as to reduce fluid retention, all patients (with the exception of prostate cancer patients) prior to administration of a drug Taxotere premedication glucocorticosteroids such as dexamethasone orally at a dose of 16 mg / day, trenbolone side effects. (8 mg twice a day) in, for 3 days starting 1 day prior to administration of Taxotere.
In patients with prostate cancer receiving concomitant treatment with prednisone or prednisolone, dexamethasone premedication performed at a dose of 8 mg for 12, 3 and 1 hour before the administration of Taxotere.
recommended prophylactic administration of colony-stimulating factor to reduce the risk of hematological oslozhenenija
Taxotere is administered as a one-hour intravenous infusion every 3 weeks.
When the adjuvant therapy of patients with operable breast cancer form of a recommended dose of 75 mg of Parabolan steroidover 1 hour after the administration of doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (500 mg / m 2 ) every three weeks. A total of 6 cycles.
In combination with trastuzumab, recommended dose is 100 mg / m 2 every three weeks. Regarding trastuzumab dose and method of administration, see for trastuzumab instruction.
Non-small cell lung cancer
Taxotere is administered monotherapy in combination with a platinum drug every 3 weeks. When inefficiencies concomitant therapy with platinum drugs recommended Taxotere monotherapy . Metastatic Ovarian Cancer Taxotere is administered every 3 weeks.
Locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
Taksoter administered at a dose of 75 mg / m 2 . After infusion of parabolan steroid in the day is conducted infusion of cisplatin 75 mg / m 2 over 1 hour, followed by continuous infusion of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in a dose of 750 mg / m 2 / day in a 24 hour infusion for 5 days. This mode is administered once every three weeks and repeated up to 4 cycles. After a course of chemotherapy radiation therapy.
Metastatic Squamous Neck Cancer Head and Taxotere administered in a dose of 100 mg / m 2 every 3 weeks.
Metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer
Taxotere is administered at a dose of 75 mg / m 2 1 every 3 weeks. Prednisone or prednisolone is assigned inside of 5 mg twice a day for a long time for the duration of a course of treatment.